8 Tips to Sell Your Home Fast
Posted: July 22, 2018 10:10 am
Selling your home anytime of the year or in any type of market is stressful even for the most relaxed amongst us. Getting the house initially ready is almost enough to make many of us opt for foregoing the move altogether and if you’re unfortunate enough for the sell to take a while, it can be even more disheartening and frustrating. However, utilizing these 8 simple and cheap tips, you can cut that wait time down and sell your home much more quickly.
Countdown to a Quicker Sell
- Crank up the Curb Appeal – The exterior of your home is generally the first thing a potential buyer sees on listing sites and when viewing in person. Your prospects won’t even consider touring the inside if the outside looks in disarray, unkempt or in need of repair. Take the time to edge the lawn, trim shrubbery and tree overhangs, and replacing the mulch, as well pressure-washing the driveway, walkways and even the home itself.
- Opt for Several Small Upgrades – Instead of spending tens of thousands of dollars on major remodels, try to focus on smaller upgrades that will make a big impact. A new steel appliance set and upgrading cabinet hardware in the kitchen along with fresh tile, a new sink and linens for the bathroom can make a huge difference in the home’s look and feel.
- Put Some More Light On the Subject – Brighten up the home with natural and artificial light to avoid a depressing feeling with a home that is dimly lit or even dark. Give each room a good old fashioned ‘Spring cleaning’ and be sure to hit the windows, light fixtures and even the baseboards. To brighten a room even more, consider a new coat of paint for each room.
- Plan to Sell at the Right Time for the Right Price – Typically the best time to sell a home is in the Summer & Spring and if you can wait until that time of year before listing, you should likely do so. You also need to ensure that you list the home for the right price – do your research beforehand on comparable homes in the area and what they have actually sold for, obtain listing price recommendations from a few different agents and take any negotiation suggestions from your listing agent to heart.
- Depersonalize – Remove the heirlooms, collectibles and personal items from the home. When it comes to selling, potential buyers want to be able to visualize themselves in the home and that can be hampered by your family’s decorations and collectables.
- Spring for a Storage Unit – Every potential buyer that tours your home is going to check out the closets, garage and even the shed and attic. Cluttered, disorganized or overstuffed spaces can inadvertently highlight a lack of storage and turn off your buyers. Store anything that you do not use every day, especially the personal items in tip 4, and anything such as holiday decorations, seasonal clothing, fishing gear etc.
- Select the Right Real Estate Agent – Look for an agent with a track record of sales and is familiar with the best features of your neighborhood. Check their client reviews and feedback and ensure that they promote their properties online and that they always use a professional photographer.
- Hire a Professional Stager/Photographer – A good professional home stager knows how to highlight your home’s strengths and how to soften its flaws. Your potential buyer’s first impressions will be the photos of your listing and studies have shown that homes with online listing photos are twice as likely to be viewed by prospective buyers.
When Issues Arise, We’re Here to Help
When selling your home, issues can arise in a variety of areas and Attorney James Vendetti has the experience to get these issues resolved in a quick and efficient manner. Even when the issues that arise are on your Buyer’s end, Attorney Vendetti will be there for you with an unmatched accessibility, so if you want to know what’s going on every step of the way, he will give you the answers you are looking for. Contact us today for your free consultation.